Saturday, January 21, 2017

We are Giving Our Finances to God


Taking control over your finances is a life altering.  Everyone wants a piece of their life that they can control and one's financial status and how their money is spent gives people a sense of control.

My husband and I have been working on our financial situation for 2 years now, but not once have a let God take control of our financial situation.  This is scary because I feel like I am losing the control of my money.  But after working on our budget for 2 years, we don't have much to show for a debt pay-off besides paying Ryne's student loans.  To some, that might seem like a great accomplishment, but if we would have stuck to our plan, we should only have three years left, and all our student loans would have been paid off. And, we are not there.

It is time for us to let go of our control and give it to God.  When I created our budget in December for January, I forgot to plan for our title licenses for our vehicles and for some dental work that Roarie has to have done, so now we have to add this to our budget.  Roarie is having her dental work done Tuesday, and we have to pay for it up front. This is an expense that is a one time fee, but now I know to set aside money for in the future.  

Because of this, I have to rearrange our budget.  This makes me very nervous because then we have to cut out from another budget.  But by putting my faith in the Lord, he reminds me:

        "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body,           what you will put on.  For life is more than food, and the body is more than clothing." 
                                                                                                                            Luke 12:28-31

I have to remind myself every day that God will provide. 
         
         "And my God will supply all your need according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus."
                                                                                                                           Philippians 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment