Friday, February 20, 2015

Dave Ramsey Plan Beginning Months Struggles


Another suprise expense!  Yesterday, I went to go get the mail from out mailbox.  There was a letter addressed to me and my girls.  It was an invitation to my sister-in-law's baby shower.  Well, we all know that you cannot show up to a baby shower without a gift; however, it is my daughter's first birthday in this same pay period.  I have a dilemma.

My husband's and my New's Resolution was to do the Davr Ramsey Plan and stick to it.  We attempted before Christmas and failed miserably. So this time we wanted to put together a budget and stick to it.

With it only being the second month of the plan, our savings for each budget hasn't  accumulated.  It is my daughter's first birthday on March 17th.  On February 15, it was my daughter's 3rd birthday.  So, in my head, I was planning on using the allotted money set aside for gifts for their birthdays.  I don't set aside a whole lot, just enough  for what we can afford for right now. And in this day and age $60 does not go very far.

I have looked through my budget and every penny has been stretched and pinched.  A couple of things have already popped up that are needs such as my husband needs an eye exam and my car registration need to be paid, because once again, I haven't had enough time to save.

Luckily, my in-laws are having a girl, and I have two girls, I hate regifting, but might have to go through my girls' old clothes and find ones with tags on them. It's not exactly ideal but for right now it's what we can afford.

No comments:

Post a Comment