Saturday, December 31, 2016

A Childhood Dream Came True and I was so Mad

Every since I was a little kid, I have wanted a fireplace.  I remember asking my parents to put in a fireplace.  We already had a chimney so I thought it would be easy to do.  Well, we never got a fireplace.  The only time I ever got to enjoy a fire was going to my grandparent's house in the winter time.  I loved it!

Ever since my in-law got an electric fireplace about 10 years ago, it sparked my interest again.  So, I have hinted to my husband several times over the years about getting a fireplace, and let's just say he didn't get the hint.

This year, I decided that with my Christmas money, I would purchase a media center fireplace. I love Menards, and that was the first place I looked to scout out models and prices.  I found a model that I really liked, and their website said that they had one in stock.  Come to find out after calling them, it was the display model.  I was bummed, but they steered me in the direction of another model.  It was a little more pricey but after comparing the two the more expensive heated 1000 sq. ft. vs. 400 sq.ft. of the other model.

So after visiting the store and seeing the different models in we came home with the model the Menards employee told me about over the phone.  Even though it was a little more expensive, Menard was having their 11% storewide rebate, so I will be getting a little of that money back.

So you are probably wondering why I was mad?  Well you see, while Ryne and I were working on putting this bad boy together,  the kids got in the packing styrofoam.  All we hear is its snowing.


Not only is the toy room a disaster, but they broke up the styrofoam and were throwing it in the air.  Keelie was making snow angels.  They had it ALL over themselves.  I was on the verge of tears.  I had worked so hard to organize their toys and cleaned the floor, and then I see this. Tears!

So instead of enjoying
my fireplace when it was all put together.  I have the joys of cleaning all the "snow" up.  Let me tell you it is not easy because those little buggers have static cling.  So I had to blow on all the toys to get the "snow" off and then vacuum it all up because it would just cling to the broom and dust pan.

To make matters worse, while I was vacuuming I sucked up a sock.  Typically with our Shark vacuum I can take it apart and have no problem getting out whatever got stuck, but with this sock, it got stuck in the handle.  So, Ryne spent like 15 minutes trying to get the dang thing out.

After a hour and a half of cleaning,  I finally got to sit down and enjoy my fireplace.  The girls that night had to fall asleep by the fire.  Jeter like to sit and watch the flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment